Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Divertido

So the cook is on vacation. I originally thought this was going to be a bad thing. However, I am having a good time on my mini vacation back in the kitchen. We are eating a different menu to some extent due to the cook’s absence as I cannot cook some things the same way she can. There is no reason to subject our guests to my version of something if it is not going to compare to what the cook makes on a regular basis.

So instead I am making things that I do well. The menu is much more like going to a friend’s home for dinner than it is like going to a restaurant. Under normal circumstances our dinners resemble a dinner party that has been catered by a good catering company. We have a set menu that we post each morning (we do all of our menu planning in advance based upon guest input regarding food preferences and allergies prior to arrival) so that we have the day to make changes if necessary. Everything is cooked and served fresh each evening. We enjoy a variety of conversations as we generally sit at a community table or tables depending upon the number of guests on site.

This week we have a few things which are cooked in the oven instead of a la minute. I am not as good a protein cook as is our cook. However, we are a Bocas del Toro hotel and our guests do deserve tasty and nutritious food so we are doing the best that we can. So far I don’t think anyone is disappointed. And I get to have a little bit of fun.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home