Friday, December 21, 2007

Today

My son has a book by Jaime Lee Curtis called “Today I Feel Silly.” The book is all about moods and it is intended to teach children about moods and how they come and go. My son has another book that is entitled “When I Miss You.” That book is of course about learning how to deal with people leaving and being alone and what you can do to manage the time until they come back.

This morning one of our long time employees left to pursue another opportunity. We will all miss her. She was a sweet girl who took very good care of all of us and of our guests. She will be an asset to her new employer.

My son is a bit sad as he is rather attached to this employee. She has been with my son for almost two years of his three and a half years. She helped him to learn Spanish at a very early age because my son wanted to be able to speak with her.

One of the things we learned early on as a Bocas del Toro hotel is that we will have many employees over the years. However, one thing is for certain, some are more special than others and today one of our favorites has graduated. We are all a little bit sad, but we know what we can do until the next time we see her.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home