Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Friendship Focus

I have been thinking for a while about how to give you a behind the scenes look at our second Athleta photo shoot for some time now. As I reviewed the photos and looked for the best way to convey what happens during such a two-week period, I decided to focus on one thing - the friendships that have emerged as part of this process.

The same core group of people has worked together for an extended period of time. They travel to different parts of the world taking photos and making books with these photos. There are so many people involved in this process. Each person contributes a special skill to make the final product. The friendships develop throughout the process amongst the group of people. It is at these intersections where the core group expands to bring in a new member. The new member may be a temporary part of the team but he or she is a contributor to the whole. Each member interacts with the other members and the whole differently.

For some inclusion in the group is natural, for others it takes an effort, however, all must be a part of this group for at least a period of time. Some members of the group emerge as friends for life. Others have memories only of the specific project that may fade over time. And then there are those who fall somewhere in between the two extremes.

I personally have friends that I believe I will have for the rest of my life. I have other friends who may come and go and I have those who I enjoyed spending some time with during their stay but I may never cross paths with them again. Everyone on this photo shoot has people who fall within each of these categories. So rather than give details this year, I am capturing the moments where you see true friendship emerge.

2
3

Page Credits:

Arial
bio_P365_0310w12a - Oscraps Biografitti
biograffiti_ibd12_wed - Oscraps Biografitti
biograffiti_ibd_staple - Oscraps Biografitti
ASO_TexturedCardstock_Magenta_Mag3 - Scrapgirls
CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker - Scrapgirls
bio_P365_0610w23b - Oscraps Biografitti
photo by Steve Nohara



This post is in our Behind the Scenes series for the Athleta Photo Shoot for their Summer 2011 catalogs shot here in Bocas del Toro in January 2011. It was both an honor and a lot of fun to be a part of this process.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home