Friday, August 5, 2011

Gallery Updates: Arachnids

As we make our way through all of the photo galleries, we plan on updating a mix each week. This week it has been Birds, Beaches and now Spiders. The Spider page is not one that will attract each person who is visiting Bocas del Toro or those who have been here before either for that matter, however, there are a number of people who are extremely interested in the arachnids. Thus we have the information available.

If you asked anyone with whom I grew up if I would make my home in the jungle one day, they would answer unequivocally "no." Yet, here I am. And I love it.

When I first arrived here in the jungle, I was not particularly happy to share my space with spiders. I have since gotten over it. I see the beauty in many of the spiders and in the webs that they weave. Now, I still dislike walking into a spider web and will avoid it if at all possible. I get all sticky and the sider must begin its work yet again.

Take at look at this gallery. Natalia Decastro Gonzalez has curated a nice set of eight legged creatures here in the jungle.

Pidippus

Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home