Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)

So, I took a dare from my seven year old son last Saturday. It was my 43rd birthday and he wanted me to do something different. He told me I needed to try out stand up paddle boarding. He and his dad took the board for a spin on Friday afternoon and Tres was hooked. So I tried it. And I am hooked.

23 Enero 2011 254

I went out again on Sunday just to confirm that I had really enjoyed it the day before. On Sunday the water was a bit choppier in the open ocean so I headed into the more protected area of the bay to keep trying things out. Time passed and I had been on the board for almost an hour without even realizing it. It does take a special board in order for you to keep your balance unless you are say Tres at age seven. He can use a foam surf board for a stand up paddle board. Me - not so much.

I am working on a way to get at least one of these here for me in the near future and if at all possible see about offering them to our guests at some time. There are no manufacturers here in Panama so we are going to have to import them which makes things a bit more complicated. In the mean time, if you have a chance to try a stand up paddle board on calm waters, go for it. It is a great way to enjoy nature and get a work out at the same time.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home