Thursday, April 1, 2010

Karma

Karma is not fate, for humans act with free will creating their own destiny. If we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their concomitant reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future. The conquest of karma lies in intelligent action and dispassionate response.

So my theory is that when my friend Cindy told me about a company called Athleta and I decided to buy some of their clothes for life down here in Panama I must have set something in motion.

When I got an email for a photo shoot here in Bocas del Toro, I didn’t see the whole picture at first. I answered it just as I do any other email for prospective guests. Then I realized we could make it work for this large group by setting things up with another hotel nearby. Fortunately, Athleta found that what we could offer to them was a great match.

I haven’t spoken to my friend Cindy about this photo shoot. I think she is going to be happily surprised to see what she set into motion.

Thanks Cindy and thanks Athleta. We really appreciate the opportunity. And we look forward to doing it again.

Karma

This post is in our Behind the Scenes series for the Athleta Photo Shoot for their Summer 2010 catalogs shot here in Bocas del Toro in January 2010. It was both an honor and a lot of fun to be a part of this process.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home